Straight from the Joy Family Recipe archives...comes a favorite party pleaser....
We joined Mom Joy in the kitchen to make these lovelies. Our light and fluffy Chocolate Marshmallow Coconut Squares. Not too sweet and marries a perfect texture with its coconut outer coating. The kiddos will love them. They are perfect for children's parties and dessert tables.
They are a family favorite! Hope you love them as much as we do!
Chocolate Marshmallow Coconut Squares
1 1/2 cup graham wafer crumbs (Our favorite mr. christie of course...helping us make good cookies)
2 packages of coconut - fine unsweetened
2 packages gelatin (We use Knox brand)
2 tbsp butter (melted)
1/2 cup bakers cocoa - (We like Fryer's brand)
2 cup sugar
1/4 cup cold water
1 cup boiling water
You will need:
9X13 inch glass baking dish
1 large mixing bowl
1 small mixing bowl
Mixer or hand mixer
knife for cutting
- Combine gelatin and cold water in a large bowl. Let stand 5 mins.
- Add boiling water and sugar
- Beat 20mins until white and fluffy
- Add graham wafer crumbs and 1 1/2 cups coconut (reserve the rest for coating)
- In a small bowl - blend together melted butter and baking cocoa
- Add butter mixture to the main ingredients.
- Sprinkle baking dish with coconut (top and bottom)
- Spread entire mixture evenly in your baking dish and set aside.
- When mixture appears set (springs with touch). Cut to desired square size.
- Roll squares in remaining coconut until remaining sides are covered.
These taste yummy chilled. :)