{Recipes} Cinn-ful Cinnamon Roll Cake!

For the cinnabon Lover in all of us! This is seriously one easy recipe that is OH SO Yummy! Melt in your mouth yummy!

While searching for something to create for dessert a couple nights ago... I thought "I have 1 hour to prepare a dessert along with dinner...and I need something fast and yummy"! Cupcakes are always an option....but if you know me...there are cupcakes lurking in every cake stand I own...and that is alot!

I stumbled upon this recipe via Pinterest and thought...I hope it tastes as good as it looks and decided to try it. Well I was floored...not only was this dessert cake simple...we immediately knew it would become a family staple! Serve it right from the oven with a scoop of Vanilla bean ice cream and you will be in heaven.

My camera charger is MIA currently! Of all times! Photo credit Laurie - Cookinguporth.


Cinnamon Roll Cake

Cake:
3 c. flour
1/4 tsp.salt
1 c. sugar
4 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 c. milk
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. butter, melted

Topping:
1 c. butter, softened
1 c. brown sugar
2 Tbsp. flour
1 Tbsp. cinnamon

Directions:
For the cake:
Mix everything together except for the butter. Slowly stir in the melted butter and pour into a greased 9x13 pan.

For the topping:
Mix all the ingredients together until well combined. Drop evenly over the batter and swirl with a knife.

Bake at 350 for 28-32 minutes.

Glaze:
2 c. powdered sugar
5 Tbsp. milk
1 tsp. vanilla

**While warm drizzle the glaze over the cake. Cut and Serve

Variations and Tips:

This recipe took 20 mins in our "convection" at 375 degrees.

If you would like to try this with less fat...you can leave out the butter for the cake...works perfectly...and it is just as yummy!

This would be super yummy with added apple pie filling in the Topping...if someone makes it this way be sure to send me a note and tell me how it went!

We served ours with vanilla bean ice cream and it was yummy! 

You can easily reheat this each day and it is just as tasty...maybe even more tasty. :) Serve it for your next breakfast buffet! ENJOY!

Original recipe via Life as a Lofthouse 



1 comment

  1. Sounds & looks like a yummy recipe of one of my favorite treats!

    ReplyDelete